Refund & Transfer Policy

Subaru Triathlon Series Policies

Switching between races or events:

If you are already registered for one of our races and would like to switch to a different race (ex: Milton to Guelph), please contact info@trisportcanada.com or call our office: 905-562-6670. Please note:

  • There is a $5.00 fee for switching prior to two (2) weeks before each race.
  • There is a $10.00 fee for switching within two (2) weeks before each race.
  • Switch requests MUST be received prior to the Wednesday before a race weekend by 12:00pm (noon) EST

If you are looking to switch to a different event within the same race (ex: Milton Triathlon to Milton Duathlon), no problem!  Please email or call our office.  There is no charge to switch to a different event within the same race, unless the race is more expensive.  In that case, you will pay the difference in what you paid originally and the current price.  There are no refunds issued for switching to a cheaper event.

Refunds:

Refunds will be issued for medical reasons only and a medical note must be provided along with the withdrawal request to: info@trisportcanada.com and be received more than two (2) weeks prior to the race signed up for.

  • 50% of the entry fee will be refunded up to two (2) weeks before a race.
  • Within two (2) weeks of a race, no refunds will be issued.

Transfer of a race entry to another person or to another year:

  • Once you have registered, we do not allow the sale or transfer of your bib/entry to another person. See above for switching options!
  • We do not allow the transfer of a race entry to a different year.

Inclement Weather:

We will do our very best to make sure a race will happen no matter what, but the weather is one of those things we can’t control.  The safety of all our participants is our top priority and in the case of severe weather, below is an example of how it could be handled.

In the event of heavy wind, rain or lightning in the area, the start of the swim may be delayed until the weather has passed.  This decision is made in coordination with Triathlon Ontario and their policies.  If the weather shows no signs of letting up, or if lightning is still in the area, the swim portion of the event may be cancelled, and the event will proceed as a duathlon (run, bike, run), provided the bike and run courses are safe to proceed on.

If after an extended period of time of severe weather and all courses are deemed to be unsafe, the event could be cancelled entirely.  There are several factors that go into this decision including: local road permit allowances/times, paid duty police officers/schedules, time allowances at the specific venue where the race is held, and medical staff schedules and volunteer/staff help as well as the direction from Triathlon Ontario.

This would only be considered after all other options to still put on a race are not available.  Since all of our venues take place outside, weather conditions can play a significant role at any race.  By race day, much of the registration fees have been used for services that we pay whether the event happens or not and because of this there will be no refunds if the event is cancelled due to weather.  Registrants will still receive their race kits, t-shirts, food and any other items they would have collected at the event.

 

Water Temperature and Quality:

The water temperature is taken on race morning upon our staff’s arrival and a few more times leading up to the race start.  If the water temperature is too low, in coordination with Triathlon Ontario officials, the swim will be cancelled, and a duathlon will take place instead.  Please note there are no refunds if this occurs.

The water quality is tested at all the venues where we swim.  Provincial standards “post” beaches that have e-coli counts of 100 or more per 100ml of water.  In this case, we would still go ahead with the swim, but would notify everyone the beach is posted and give an option to switch to the duathlon.  Swimming under these conditions is at your own risk.  For the try-a-tri, we would introduce a mini- duathlon to run instead of swimming as well.  Triathlon Ontario will allow the swim to still occur as long as the e-coli levels do not exceed 500 per 100ml of water.  In the event this happens, the entire swim portion will be cancelled, and the event will proceed as a duathlon.  There are no refunds if this happens.